The Old Fish House Bar and Grill has been affiliated with the ﬁshing industry for over 100 years. It started as Jorgensen’s Fish House then became the Hudgins Fish Company in 1930 and eventually transitioned into the Treasure Coast Marina.
During the years when the building was used for ﬁsh processing, a king ﬁshing ﬂeet docked outside. Fishermen and their families lived everyday lives on the boats. Wives worked in the ﬁsh house, processing the catch while their husbands were out at sea. Children grew up there, went to school and lead ordinary lives. The only difference was that their "house" went out to sea for 12 or 14 hours a day.
Over the years, several different families served as caretakers for the ﬁsh house. They lived in a small house north of the main building, which was later found abandoned. Unfortunately, it was not salvageable, and had to be removed. Many artifacts were found in the house, some were returned to descendants, others have been saved and are now on display in The Old Fish House Bar & Grill.